Re: [linux-audio-user] Success: Tascam US-122 and Laptop

From: Steve Fosdick <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 15:32:51 EET

On 24/03/05 19:03:50, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 13:49 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> > Is the USB irq shared with anything?
>
> Never mind, I see that it is shared, and with a pretty "heavy" device
> (the network card).
>
> Is this the case for everyone who is having the problem?
>
> Does disconnecting the network cable help?

I had previously tried disconnecting the network cable but this didn't
seem to make any difference. I also tried the apci_irq_balance option
but that didn't solve it either.

I have finally got jackd to run without complain by disabling CPU
frequency scaling, i.e. having the CPU run at 1.2Ghz all the time rather
than switch to 600Mhz when it doesn't appear that there is anything
going on.

I wonder if this means the code path between the USB interrupt and jackd
being woken up is very long so as to require the full 1.2Ghz or whether
it is just a case of the frequency switching upsetting some time
calculations.

Steve.