Re: [linux-audio-user] USB-audio-card notches

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 13:36:20 EEST

Hi,

On Saturday 26 March 2005 23:17, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> On the hub, there are currently two USB devices:
> * A Midisport 8x8
> * A Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB
> On top of the card, I start JACK. I tried various settings,
> currently I use
> /usr/bin/jackd -v -R -P5 -p16 -t2000 -dalsa -dplughw:2 -r48000
> -p256 -n3 -P

In which way are the plughw:* different than the hw:*? Which one should be
used for jack?

I am always using the hw:* and I don't get such errors. At least not since
upgrading to 2.6.11-gentoo...

> BTW: Is this the right place, or should I post it to LAD?

You are a user asking for help with his problems? So LAU is the right place to
ask. LAD is for developers with problems with their programming.
What should LAU be for if we outsource the music _and_ the user-problems?

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be