Re: [linux-audio-user] applications (?)

From: Kevin Ernste <kevinernste@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 01:49:43 EEST

> - do Batch processing (like fade in and out at the begin and end of
> the sound convert format etc.)

The snd family has some nice tools (sndfile-info/sndinfo, sndcompare,
sndfile-convert, sndfile-resample, etc) and ecasound is quite deep and
powerful for batch processing. And my personal "build anything you
need" tool of choice, Csound.

> - and finally to do DVD burning.

There is a very promising new DVD-A project "dvda-author" (with recent
posts on this list and elsewhere), but if you're looking for standard
DVD video/mpeg there is dvdauthor (with many graphical front-ends),
transcode, mplayer/mencoder, others. I'm not sure if these are in
CCRMA.

Best of luck.

Kevin