Re: [linux-audio-user] Jamin compressor vs LADSPA SC

From: Iain Duncan <iainduncan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 02:07:57 EEST

Thanks for the reply Jan. I'm a bit confused though, on the Jamin site I
believe you mention that you will be releasing API details soon. Does
that mean an API is in the works but not made yet?

I can understand why it wouldn't be a top priority, but I would think a
way to hook Jamin up to generic hardware control systems ( midi boxes,
etc ) would be quite a useful addition. An API giving access to the
various input controls and output display would make such an extension
pretty easy.

My own purpose is hopefully to be able to use it to replace the usual
bank of compressors and eqs used in live sound just before the final
outs. I do live techno shows, so it makes a BIG difference to be able to
get our final mix closer to the hotness and loudness of a mastered record.

Iain