Re: [Jamin] Re: [linux-audio-user] repost: curious about jamin feedback

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 13:44:59 EEST

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 12:33:54AM -0600, e. j. branagan - the MUSE wrote:
> How about separate outputs on the low, mid and high bands so I can run
> the output to my tri-amped stereo PA system? i.e. make jamin a
> real-time EQ/COMP/Xover/Limiter for live PA work? I already run two
> effects loops through jack-rack, and record on one PC and have 3 more
> PC's coming real soon. A single-channel version of jamin to EQ/compress
> vocal and bass channels and such would be nice too. I guess what I'ld
> really like is a cross between jamin and the dbx DDP, with a built-in
> (optional) 2, 3, or 4 band xover.

Hmm... I have to say no to that one. JAMin is a mastering tool, if it can
be used for other things (eg. it would make a good FM radio pre-processor
with no changes whatsoever) without affecting its suitability for mastering
then thats fine, but those kinda of features aren't helpful for master and
so just add user confusion and code complexity.

- Steve