Re: [Jamin] Re: [linux-audio-user] repost: curious about jamin feedback

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 18:11:42 EEST

--- Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 00:22, e. j. branagan - the
> MUSE wrote:
> > Jan Depner wrote:

> for more features ;-)

> five bands, DON'T they? *waves
> face*....five...bands....
> > >>

> > > Actually I'm planning on going to 4
> parametric controls in addition
> > >to the 2 shelving controls.
> > >
> > >Jan
> > >

> > Why limit things like this? Why not optional
> shelving controls, and as
> > many parametric bands as we want? And as many
> compression bands as we want?
>
> Look at the code. This is not trivial,
> especially considering that
> all of the parametric data must be saved and allow
> undo. Also, look at
> the screen real estate. We've been trying to avoid
> bloatware. If you
> look at the competing commercial offerings I don't
> believe any of them
> have 6 parametric controls. I also don't recall any
> with more than
> three bands of compression.

And what problem does six parametric bands solve
during mastering? Same qustion for more compression
bands. If your audio is so screwed up to require that
type of toolset then shit can it and start over.
Seriously, you don't have a mastering problem you have
recording and mixing problems.

Please sexcuse me but I feel forced to ask, why not
put a dork port on JAMin so I can stop spending my
money in cat houses?

ron