Re: [linux-audio-user] Magnifying LilyPond output by using landscape mode?

From: Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 17:06:34 EEST

Hi Mario,

Sorry for this late reply, I don't know if you managed to find a
solution to your problem.

Many, many aspects of the score layout and appearance can be
controlled directly via the lilypond syntax and/or the scheme
scripting API. I am not a lilypond guru but since no one seems to
have tackled this problem, here's my stub at it (I have not checked
whether you asked on lilypond mailing list).

I attach the musette file, slightly edited. Note that I run a 2.4.2
version of lilpond. I had to run convert-ly on the original.

Here is a list of changes I did to the file in order to make it output
larger staff on a landscape a4:

1. global staff size. It could be anything, I set it to 26 but you
could probably go much higher (I did try 48 and had about 2 measures
per page); this is the Feta font size so everything will be adjusted
proportianlly. This is probably the place where you can play with the
size at will.

#(set-global-staff-size 26)

2. I set manual page breaks (\pageBreak markup) but I just added them
   where \break (as for line-break) markup was. You can use it at
   will and you don't need the \break. \pageBreak implies a
   line-break.

3. I changed linewidth to 24cm
  \layout{ linewidth = 24.0 \cm }

4. And lastly, added \paper block
   \paper {
    #(set-paper-size "a4" 'landscape)
   }

Many of the score elements can be controlled independently, though.
noteheads, line spacing, stem thinkness, whatver you can think of, can
be controlled it's just a matter of getting used to the system.

Hope this helps.

./MiS