Re: [linux-audio-user] L1 and Q10 functional look-alikes?

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 16:43:08 EEST

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 07:28:34PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
> Steve Harris wrote:
>
> >You can use the "fast lookahead limiter" and "triple band parametric"
> >(actually 3 band para + low and high shelves) EQ from my plugin
> >collection, using a batch processing capable tool like ecasound or
> >applyplugin.
> >

> Thanks Steve, I'm trying your "triple band parametric" and I can't get
> the High-shelving freq to cut off fast enough. Perhaps I have the args
> wrong: I have the last args as: -70 5536 1, but it seems a gentle
> decline. Am I doing something wrong? I'd like to have a brick at 5k. Can
> that be done?

You can push up the 1 to a higher number, but it will effect the response
near the cuttoff, that may not matter to much for your situation.

> Oh, BTW: why are the Q's limited to 4?

Dunno, it seemed like a good idea at the time I guess. The bounds are a
bit conservative, but thier just hints. The LADSPA spec says that
the plugin must accept any number, so try more radical numbers.

- Steve