Re: [linux-audio-user] OT Spam

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 23:14:01 EEST

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 21:38, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> I used my previous address for +10 years and it is now getting 200-400
> spams a day. Sure I can filter it, but looking for false-positives is just
> impossible with this much spam coming in. So I've now gone through with
> the painful operation of changing my address, and now get a lot less spam
> (actually almost none). I know I won't be spam free forever, but any steps
> to slow down the spam flood is _very_ welcome. Hiding addresses in openly
> available archives is one easy step to take - less spam to filter,
> everybody wins.

Back then when I started with bogofilter I feed it with ~1000 collected spam
mails and ~10000 good mails from lists and private mail. Since then I update
it with the spam slipping through. That way I have reduced spam to currently
2-5 a day.

You might train your filter with the archives of this list while you are
admin. :-)

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be