Re: [linux-audio-user] exact range

From: Peter Lutek <plutek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 01:14:01 EEST

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 13:29:50 -0800, Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> How do you select a range from say 1:56:00 to 2:37:00 in ardour? The
> best I can find to do is set your tool to range and try to select the
> right region. There has to be a better, more accurate way but I can't
> find it.

yes, good question. AFAIK, accurate positioning is not very well
supported. there is a similar issue for the edit and playhead cursors, as
well as region bounds -- they can be incremented and decremented in the
time displays (or region editor for regions), but not by any smaller
increments than a frame - you can't enter an arbitrary value.

if you're happy with that level of accuracy, you can set an edit cursor
and then snap to it. for that matter, you can simply set one of the
time-based snap-to options, and the range bounds will respect that, but
you are limited again to single frame accuracy.

someone please correct me if i'm wrong!

-p