Re: [linux-audio-user] USB-audio-card notches

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 02:58:40 EEST

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 23:27 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> installed. Unfortunately, it doesn't change anything
> concerning the usb_audio behaviour. I get notches every 3 to
> 7 seconds again caused by xruns.

OK. The patch isn't expected to solve the problem completely.
The Linux USB developers would like to be cc'ed on any future bug
reports.

> Except, OTOH, I did something wrong when patching (sorry for
> my ignorance). Can I somehow check if the patch has been
> applied successfully by probing the current running kernel? A
> location in /proc probably?

You can edit the Makefile and append something to the EXTRAVERSION.
Then, after applying the patch, check for rejects like this:

$ find -name \*rej

If you get no output, go ahead and compile the kernel, install it, and
reboot. Then run:

$ uname -r

If it shows the string you appended to EXTRAVERSION, you are indeed
running the patched kernel.

Lee