Re: [linux-audio-user] USB-audio-card notches

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 03:55:11 EEST

Hi,

> OK.  The patch isn't expected to solve the problem
> completely.   The Linux USB developers would like to be
> cc'ed on any future bug reports.

Huh. How can I do so without being a subscriber of the kernel
mailing list?

> > Except, OTOH, I did something wrong when patching (sorry
> > for my ignorance). Can I somehow check if the patch has
> > been applied successfully by probing the current running
> > kernel? A location in /proc probably?
>
> You can edit the Makefile and append something to the
> EXTRAVERSION. Then, after applying the patch, check for
> rejects like this:
>
> $ find -name \*rej

Looks promising:

./2.6.12-EHCItest/linux-2.6.12-rc1/drivers/usb/host/ehci-sched.c.rej
./2.6.12-EHCItest/linux-2.6.12-rc1/drivers/usb/host/ehci.h.rej

> If you get no output, go ahead and compile the kernel,
> install it, and reboot.  Then run:
>
> $ uname -r

vi /usr/src/linux/Makefile

VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 12
EXTRAVERSION =-rc1-ce

uname -r
2.6.12-rc1-ce

Seems I've been successful compiling and installing the
kernel. Thanks for the help!

> If it shows the string you appended to EXTRAVERSION, you
> are indeed running the patched kernel.

Yes, seems to be running, and there are surely xruns!

Well, the xruns are bad, but I'm happy to have the patched
kernel running, regardless that the bugs are still
there ;-) .

 Thanks a lot & best regards

    ce