Re: [linux-audio-user] hello gentoo? speed up please...

From: derek holzer <derek@email-addr-hidden-i.net>
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 00:03:05 EEST

You could try the RT-kernel. See the attched ebuild, I'm pretty sure
that's the one I used. It's the Andrew Morton and Realtime patches
applied to a recent Love-Sources kernel. I haven't had any trouble, and
with my HDSP the latency is pretty darned good.

good luck,
derek

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 13:

# Copyright 1999-2004 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

# Only set MMV to numeric value of -mm release
# Version of Andrew Morton's patchset

RESTRICT="nomirror"

K_PREPATCHED="yes"
K_NOSETEXTRAVERSION="don't_set_it"

ETYPE="sources"
inherit kernel-2
detect_version

# Create -mm patch version, -mm patch source, -love patch source
MMV="1"
MMPV="${KV/-love*/}-mm${MMV}"
MMPV_SRC="mirror://kernel/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/${MMPV/-mm*/}/${MMPV}/${MMPV}.bz2"

# add more as you go along
LOVEPV_SRC="mirror://sourceforge/${PN}/${KV}.bz2"
#LOVEPV_SRC="${LOVEPV_SRC} http://thecoop.dyndns.org/${PN}/${KV}.bz2"
LOVEPV_SRC="http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/older/realtime-preempt-${MMPV}-V0.7.33-03"

DESCRIPTION="Development branch of the Linux Kernel with Andrew Morton's patchset and other performance-ish patches and tweaks. Maintained by the Love-Sources Community"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.love-sources.org/"
SRC_URI="${KERNEL_URI} ${MMPV_SRC} ${LOVEPV_SRC}"

UNIPATCH_STRICTORDER="yes"
UNIPATCH_LIST="${DISTDIR}/${MMPV}.bz2 ${DISTDIR}/realtime-preempt-${MMPV}-V0.7.33-03"
PATCH_DEPTH=1
KEYWORDS="x86 ~amd64 ~ia64 -*"

K_EXTRAEWARN="IMPORTANT: The Love-Sources Community reminds you that the patches
here are sometimes experimental and could explode upon impact, make your
[soda|pop] really bland, or other badness. We aren't responsible for that,
but we will mention that these patches will also make your kernel
ROCK LIKE NINJA. If you experience problems while using love-sources,
are still there, then you can bug somebody. (Preferably us and
not the Gentoo devs!)
pass rootflags=nopseudo to disable metas/ for root reiser4
"