Re: [linux-audio-user] More Wine ing! :) and things VST...

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 01:15:47 EEST

On Tuesday 12 Apr 2005 22:44, Andres Cabrera wrote:
> dssi-vst works using the dssi packages from planet CCRMA (you just
> need to build dssi-vst). This also works well, but you can only use
> one vst instrument at a time.

I'm not sure I understand. What happens if you try to use more than
one? It should be possible.

> I take the oportunity to report that
> absynth2, though working takes a long time to load, because the patch
> names seem to load very slow. It's probably that absynth uses some
> special mechanism for determining patch names, which makes is very
> slow. Maybe there can be a way of avoiding querying for patch names?

We could query them on demand, yes. I think most hosts would probably
request them upfront anyway, so it might not be worth it, but there's
probably no harm. If I remember aright, VST requires you to select a
preset in order to query its name, which is why it's so slow. I'm
probably forgetting something though.

Chris