Re: [linux-audio-user] trying to get hdsp working

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 12:34:10 EEST

> Still getting the same output from dmesg.
> hdspmixer doesn't find the card, and it doesn't show up in the sound
> card list (in the KInfoCenter), even though snd_hdsp is loaded.
>
> any hints?

Hm, I *think* hdsp stuff needs to get probed and loaded early; Thomas
Charbonnel (thomas@email-addr-hidden) would know.

As you seem to have "alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0" in
your /etc/modules.conf your internal sound card gets initialized first.
Personally I would try to disable that and see what happens. Like
commenting out the snd-card-0 stuff in modules.conf or turning the
device off in BIOS.

Plus try getting your hdsp on irg 10, has higher priority. Run hdspconf
before hdspmixer and leave them open, they're not in the way.

Wolfgang, monkey-typing