Re: [linux-audio-user] Help tracking down xruns

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 23:23:55 EEST

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 14:10 -0600, thewade wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I am using my AMD64 with hammerfall, FC3T1, and 2.6.10-lsm and it
> works relitively fine (PD at approx. 10.97 ms latency) but I
> still get the occasional xrun. How can I track down the cause?
> Please help as I am somewhat at a loss how to get this machine
> performance stable.

Try the realtime-preempt kernel. It should work on AMD64 these days.

Actually the very latest version had problems on 64 bit systems, but in
general ia64 is supported. If PREEMPT_RT does not work for you try
PREEMPT_DESKTOP.

Mainline kernels do not have the instrumentation necessary to debug
xruns effectively.

Lee