Re: [linux-audio-user] Customizing linux audio live cds?

From: Andres Cabrera <andres@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 19:21:58 EEST

Hi Iain,

I recently downloaded dynebolic, and I found it pretty cool. The kernel
seems fairly well tuned, and though I haven't given it extensive
testing, it was able to do jack at 5ms latency with the onboard
soundcard, so that's a good sign (I didn't try it for a long time but it
did something like 5 minutes or so without xruns, which is a good sign)
It has the option to 'nest' either on a hard drive or a usb flash drive,
so even though csound5 doesn't come with it, you might manage to run it
from there. I haven't tried the nesting, though....
Dynebolic is not that big, so maybe if you mount the iso image, then add
a directory, and then burn that... Does anyone know if that is possible,
or does that mess up the live cd?

Andrés