Re: [linux-audio-user] Customizing linux audio live cds?

From: Tom Szilagyi <tszilagyi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 21:30:13 EEST

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:21:58AM -0500, Andres Cabrera wrote:

> [...]
> Dynebolic is not that big, so maybe if you mount the iso image, then add
> a directory, and then burn that... Does anyone know if that is possible,
> or does that mess up the live cd?

Customizing dynebolic can be done, and it's quite well
documented. See

http://spot.river-styx.com/viewarticle.php?id=18

for a nice article about making a customized dynebolic CD.

Basically, the CD iso contains a squashfs compressed
filesystem which you can "explode" into a real filesystem,
make changes to it, then "implode" it back into a bootable
iso image. Pretty cool.

The instructions in the article referenced above worked
for me more than once (I use dynebolic to facilitate the
distribution and presentation of some custom linux audio
software I nowadays develop.)

Tom