Re: [linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 with Fedora Core 3

From: Michael Mossey <mpm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 06:57:53 EEST

<quote who="Fernando Lopez-Lezcano">
> On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 12:25, Michael Mossey wrote:
>> <quote who="Fernando Lopez-Lezcano">
>> >
>> > Yes, it should detect both. There could be several reasons for the
>> > failure. One is that for some reason the system does not see the card
>> as
>> > plugged in into the pci bus (which does not make sense as you say it
>> > works under windows). Do a:
>> > lspci -v
>> > Do you see an entry for the 2496?
>> >
>> > The other reason could be that the card has a pci revision number that
>> > is not recognized by the version of alsa that you have installed at
>> this
>> > point (is this the Planet CCRMA version? Or the original Fedora
>> > version?).
>> >
>> > Try loading (as root) the kernel module for the card and see what the
>> > load process says:
>> >
>> > /sbin/modprobe snd-ice1712
>>
>> I'm not at this computer now, but when I did
>>
>> rpm -q alsa
>>
>> it said that alsa was not installed. I guess the FC3 installer doesn't
>> include it by default. Maybe that is my next step.
>
> "alsa" is not just one package, try:
> rpm -q -a | grep ^alsa
>
> -- Fernando

Running that gives me:

alsa-lib-1.0.6-3
alsa-utils-1.0.6-3
alsa-lib-devel-1.0.6-3

When I try to run alsamixer I get:

alsamixer: error while loading shared libraries: libasound.so.2: cannot

I found libasound.so.2 in /lib. Adding /lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH did not
help. Symlinking /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 to /lib/libasound.so.2 did not
do anything.

Any ideas?

-Mike