[linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 with Fedora Core 3

From: Michael Mossey <mpm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 06:47:38 EEST

Hello,
I'm new to the Linux sound world. I'm trying to get an Audiophile 2496 to
work on Fedora Core 3. I was able to install the OSS driver; however, it
isn't putting sound out the SPDIF output, which is what I want. I tried
to run alsamixer but got a message

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device or
address

Searching the web I see many people claim to get the Audiophile 2496
working but they describe how they did it in very general terms that I
don't understand.

Can anyone help, or point me to the right forum if this isn't it?

Thanks so much,
Mike