Re: [linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 with Fedora Core 3

From: Michael Mossey <mpm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 19:54:09 EEST

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. Unofrtunately, I'm still having
problems. kudzu is not finding by Audiophile 2496. I commented out the
onboard sound stuff from /etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/sysconfig/hwconf and
rebooted. I disabled the onboard sound in the bios--or rather, it wasn't
clear what the bios options were, I selected "disable audio codec" which
was the only audio-related option. I booted FC3. It detected "new
hardware" which turned out to be the onboard sound. It did not detect the
Audiophile 2496.

This is an HP Pavilion computer.

Any ideas at this point?

-Mike