Re: [linux-audio-user] data management

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 13:39:00 EEST

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 12:13:36PM -0700, R Parker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With hotplug firewire drives is it possible to assign
> a partition label and have any drive automatically
> mounted at /mnt/client/partitionlabel?

I think so, you can label filesystems with e2label, and you can create
/etc/fstab entries that apply to labels (very useful). With the current
hotplug system as in FC3 (and presumably equally new distros) it should
be possible to automate that, it may even do it out of the box.

> Then we can compare /mnt/client/partitionlabel to
> /mnt/raid5/clients/clientname and if clientname ==
> partitionlabel then rsync clientname to
> partitionlabel.

Good idea BTW.

- Steve