Re: [linux-audio-user] Pulling off old 2-track reels and trying to slow them down

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 20:16:33 EEST

Alan Taylor <alan-linuxaudiouser@email-addr-hidden>:
> In a nutshell, my issue is trying to slow down recorded audio and
> maintain decent sound quality.
>
> 1. Is my approach reasonable? Record with Ardour and then slow it
> down with something else?

Alsaplayer sounds crap in varispeed. I'd use Ardour for slowing things
down as it uses libsamplerate for that purpose. In the Mixer strip,
just above the pre-fader plugins, it says "1" which is for playback
speed of that track. [Shift-] Click that to change it. You can then
export to wav or whatever.

> 3. Would a higher sample rate in JACK help the quality?

Yes. But I take it from other messages in this thread that you have
trouble running jack with higher rates. No clue what's in the way.

Wolfgang