Re: [linux-audio-user] Ableton live user

From: Levi D. Burton <ldb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 21:21:30 EEST

No, I am not saying you are not good programmers. I understand the
situation between linux audio developers and commercial software
developers. I understand your time is limited and theirs is not (well,
to a point). I understand that commercial software developers have
incentive for writing the apps (they are getting paid). I also
understand that most linux audio software is a hobby for the developers.
When I say "probably never will be..", my point is that commercial
software developers simply have more time and resources. I am not
saying they are more competent than a linux audio developer.

I understand quite a bit more than most of you may think.