Re: [linux-audio-user] sox from GUI code

From: Jeremiah Benham <jjbenham@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 16:43:23 EEST

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:29:56PM +0100, lachata wrote:
> I just want to record from /dev/dsp and then play the output file, with
> the possibility to stop both. I've reading about the libraries you told
> me, but i don't understand too much how to do it... I'll follow studying
> it...

If thats all you want to do you should go to the oss website. They have
this pdf file tutorial on how to write basic programs to record and play
from /dev/dsp. I used the tutorial to write a command line wav file
player for my zaurus. I did not want to use something large like
opie-mediaplayer or mplayer.

Jeremiah