Re: [linux-audio-user] Ableton live user

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 15:49:05 EEST

Hallo,
Spencer Russell hat gesagt: // Spencer Russell wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:19:34AM +0100, tim hall wrote:
> > Last Tuesday 26 April 2005 23:35, Frank Barknecht was like:
> > > And Pd is not only used live by hobbist musicians who don't want to
> > > spend money on something like Ableton. Pd is used by professional
> > > musicians and artists, especially in the experimental field, but also
> > > in areas like the game soundtrack industry.
> >
> > And if I may say so, your set at LAC rocked. :)

Thanks Tim. Actually one of the things I wanted to do with that was
trying to use Pd for music, which is often done using Live, as in:
music based on samples, dance music, "mute/unmute track oriented"
music.

> Is this on the linuxdj site that's hosting the videos? I can't
> figure out if any of these would include Frank's set.

Another "live" recording using the same patch is on my website at
http://footils.org/cms/show/36

The quality is better as this was directly recorded to ogg from Pd.
However of course you won't hear any girls or boys scream in the
audience. ;)

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41