Re: [linux-audio-user] Weird JACK behaviour w/ Qjackctl

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 11:34:01 EEST

> marted?, 03 maggio 2005 alle 21:23:40, Christoph Eckert ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when starting JACK from the command line on an USB Card
>> Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB using
>>
>> /usr/bin/jackd -v -R -p64 -dalsa -dhw:3 -r48000 -p512 -n4 -P
>> -o2
>>
>> everything works well.
>>
>> But as soon as I use Qjackctl to control JACK with the same
>> parameters then I get notches every 3 to 7 seconds.
>>
>> I'm running
>>
>> jackd version 0.99.0 tmpdir /dev/shm protocol 13
>> ALSA Driver Version 1.0.6
>> Linux vanilla 2.6.10 with the RT-LSM-patch applied.
>>

>> Anyone got a similar problem?
>

> Yes, I had the same problem: I tried with a new user and everything was
> fine... so I removed the old user's qjackctl configuration files (sorry
> I can't remember the location, probably under ~/.qt/ ) and the problem
> disappeared.

FWIW qjackctl configuration file is located as "~/.qt/qjackctlrc".

I'm afraid I fail to reproduce any glitches, if that's what it is.
Strangely enough, qjackctl works fine for me, almost of the time :)

But it would be a nice thing if someone could characterize this behavior a
little deeper.

If just by removing the qjackctlrc would suffice to make the "notches" go
away, then I'll strongly recommend for you to move your old configuration
file somewhere else (please, DO NOT DELETE it) so that its not thrown out
and otherwise lost for further investigation by comparison.

Cheers.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden