Re: [linux-audio-user] 8ins/8outs (analog) plus MIDI Audio card ?

From: <ross@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 20:40:20 EEST

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 12:13:41PM -0400, Spencer Russell wrote:
> If you're looking for a lower-budget option, I'd recommend one of
> the Echo Laylas. I've got a Layla20 (20bit, 8 analog in, 10
> analog out, spidif in/out, wordclock, midi in/out/through) and
> I'm really happy with it. It's only PCI, though, so no laptop. I
> got it for $210 on ebay. It's got a great mixer program for
> zero-latency headphone mixes and really useful metering. I've had
> no problems with ALSA support, just compiled the snd-layla20
> driver and it worked.

Sounds like an attractive option for a future upgrade. Does the
hardware mixing allow you to route the mix to any set of outputs you
like?

One deficiency of the hardware mixer on my Delta44 is that the
hardware mixing only works if you're monitoring on outputs 1 and 2.
I'd like to be able to switch between cans and speakers, so it'd be
nice to just have the cans plugged into outputs 3 and 4, but alas, no
dice...

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@email-addr-hidden