[linux-audio-user] Re: An equivalent for Megafont

From: James Stone <jmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 22:23:30 EEST

On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:38:38 +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recalling your previous question I'd guess megafont is a soundfont. Then
> there should be no reason to look for anything else. Soundfonts are not
> platform-specific, so it should be possible to load it under Linux as
> well.
>

> Try with asfxload as Lee suggested earlier.

I think Megafont is actually a program for loading large fonts into a
SB card. It seems to make more sense to me to use fluidsynth if you are
exceeding the capacity of the card as it is a neater solution. sfxload
handles bigger soundfonts than are possible in Windows as far as I can
remember (not sure how though), but when I loaded the Fluid3 soundfont
with it, some of the instruments were missing.

James