Re: [linux-audio-user] RE: More Homemade Muzak

From: Steve D <groups@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 17:21:31 EEST

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 09:04:10PM +0100, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:

> Watch this guy: http://dis-dot-dat.net/keyboard-drums.mpg
>
> At first, it just seems very cheesy, but then...
>
> This is rock and roll!
--- ---

Hey, that guy is good! I need to practice.

I can see that playing percussion patches on a MIDI keyboard, or using a
MIDI keyboard to create a percussion track with a more human "feel" and
variations in volume and tempo, is an approach that would serve well,
within its limitations, under certain circumstances, such as adding
drums after the rest of the music has been recorded without metronome or
quantization.

-sd

Instant gratification takes too long. -Carrie Fisher