Re: [linux-audio-user] Work in progress: "Big Big"

From: Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 05:18:14 EEST

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 10:02:42AM +0200, NiXO Beee wrote:
> That one is very cool indeed ! Something reminiscent of Sonic Youth (guitars
> for sure), some bits of Fugazi and maybe a lil taste of Morphine, all seen in
> a very personal point of view.
>
> I like that ! Not too much compression as we often hear those days...

Well, there's actually a bunch :-)
But there's no master bus compression, just some on about half
of the individual tracks.

> Those drums are perfect, I wish I could clone Jeffrey. Yeah my band is
> in deep need for a Jeffrey :)

I'll tell him you said so :-) He's actually better than that,
he's a bit out of shape due to having just recovered from a badly
broken knee.

> Maybe the voice could be a bit more in front of the mix, but I guess you left
> it behind on purpose.

Agreed, it was too low.

> Great job, live sounding as hell.

Yay! That was the idea :-)

Here's another rough mix after tonight's session.
We added a hint of acoustic guitar and re-did the vocal overdub.
http://www.slinkp.com/~paul/bigbig_roughmix3.mp3

How's the kick drum level?

--
Paul Winkler