Re: [linux-audio-user] WaveMixer 0.3

From: Ryan Gallagher <ruinaudio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 20:02:33 EEST

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 17:49 +0000, Dubphil wrote:
> > 1) I can only run waveMixer as root, if I run it as a normal user it
> > segfaults
>
> I launch it as simple user succesfully on a gentoo 2.4.28 kernel
>
> > 2) the UI is not in english
>
> not for me
>
> > 3) the preferences option in the window doesn't do anything (brings up
> > no dialog or window when clicked)
>
> this part is not already developped
>
> > 4) double clicking a directory, clicking "home" or entering a path in
> > the file browser results in a crash:
>
> You are probably missing the gstreamer-plugins...

Hmm... not so helpful. Though I'm glad things are working for you.

1 and 2 still stand, I think I understand you to be saying there is no
preferences dialog? Ok, that's fine 3 can go to the side for now.

As for number 4, I have about 15 of the 32 gst-plugin* packages for
gentoo installed, are there some specific one's I need to prevent a
crash when browsing/loading files?

I guess I'll tackle the rest of the problems once I can load files.

-ry

--
Ryan Gallagher <ruinaudio@email-addr-hidden>