Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: VMWare for Music

From: <ross@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 02:19:38 EEST

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 01:59:19PM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> There are some alternatives, none of which I have ventured to try:
> qemo - open source
> zen - open source
> Lin4win - less expensive than vmware but restricted to i386.

Thanks! I'll look into the alternatives. Unfortuantely, I'm fairly
sure that Xen requires client OS support, so Windows is probably a
no-go. But I had forgotten all about Lin4Win. Does anyone have
promising reports on that?

> I'd love to see some of this stuff work with WINE but fewer and fewer sound
> things seem to work with it as newer versions come out. Hint. If you try
> them, select one of the 32-bit windows models.

Agreed. Cakewalk has very bizarre font problems under Wine. It only
works if I only install the Notation font. Any text fonts cause it to
crash. Very weird..

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@email-addr-hidden