Re: [linux-audio-user] writing audio to a cd

From: <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 17:30:48 EEST
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) On Fri, 27 May 2005 15:56 , Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden> sent:

>Hi,
>
>On Friday 27 May 2005 15:17, Nick Torenvliet wrote:
>> Okay, so here is the prince of dumb questions...
>> I have a song in ardour- four tracks... and I want to write it to an
>> audio cd so I can play it on any cd player... could someone fill in the
>> blanks for me....
>
>Inside ardour you create the regions (in the regions/locations editor) which
>should be the songs on the cd. Mark the "CD" checkbox. Than select
>File/Export/"Into soundfile" and in the following screen also select the
>option to create the toc or cue file. You than get the wave-file for your cd
>(be sure to use 44kHz and 16bit) and the toc. cdrdao will burn it and your
>cd-player can read the cd...

    Note the key phrase "a song". He doesn't need to go through the complicated
method and play with TOCs. Apply the KISS principle. Just export session to
audio file as 44.1KHz, 16 bit, shaped or triangular dithering if needed. If you
haven't already trimmed the song use Audacity to trim and fade the beginning and
ends. Use K3B or XCDRoast to burn it.

Jan