Re: [linux-audio-user] Lend me your ears

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 14:11:52 EEST

On Mon, 30 May, 2005 at 12:54PM +0100, nigel henry spake thus:
> Hi James. Why is it when I click on your .ogg files the downloader opens up
> kwrite, and all I end up with is a load of code in kwrite? Normally I get the
> "open or save the file" box. I mean, I'd like to listen to the tune not read
> the .ogg code.
> This is on FC1, KDE, and Kmail. Probably a stupid error on my part, but any
> hints would be welcome. Nigel.

Not your fault. It happens to me, too. For some reason, konqueror
isn't recognising that it's anything that shouldn't be read by human
eyes. This might be the server or konqueror, I'm not sure.

I'm investigating.

> On Monday 30 May 2005 4:01 am, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> > Hi peeps,
> > Here's quite a short test of a track I'm working on:
> > http://dis-dot-dat.net/music/alltehtriptest.ogg
> >
> > It's not my usual style
> > (http://dis-dot-dat.net/index.cgi?item=/music/), and I'm not sure
> > about the result.
> >
> > Please let me know what you think, what's wrong with it, where you
> > might think it would be best going, etc. I'm really just feeling my
> > way into this kind of music, so any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > James

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)