Re: [linux-audio-user] Lend me your ears

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 14:46:04 EEST

On Monday 30 May 2005 21:11, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May, 2005 at 12:54PM +0100, nigel henry spake thus:
> > Hi James. Why is it when I click on your .ogg files the downloader opens up
> > kwrite, and all I end up with is a load of code in kwrite? Normally I get the
> > "open or save the file" box. I mean, I'd like to listen to the tune not read
> > the .ogg code.
> > This is on FC1, KDE, and Kmail. Probably a stupid error on my part, but any
> > hints would be welcome. Nigel.
>
> Not your fault. It happens to me, too. For some reason, konqueror
> isn't recognising that it's anything that shouldn't be read by human
> eyes. This might be the server or konqueror, I'm not sure.
>
> I'm investigating.

# curl -I http://dis-dot-dat.net/music/alltehtriptest.ogg
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

You have to tell your apache server to deliver a content type of
application/ogg for Ogg Vorbis files.

echo "application/ogg ogg" >> /etc/mime.types and restart apache.

To compare...

curl -I http://radio.opensrc.org/Merelte_Tuulee__Vesuris_Kmoeno_Mix.ogg

--markc