Re: [linux-audio-user] mic preamp recommendations ?

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 15:51:00 EEST

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 08:54:49 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I'd like to know what my fellow LAUyers recommend for a mic preamp for
> use with the following gear:
>
> mics:
> Shure SM58
> Yamaha MZ106s
>
> interfaces:
> M-Audio Delta 66
> PDAudioCF PCMCIA digital input card

M-Audio has the Omni I/O box that interfaces with the Delta 66 and gives
you 2 very nice mic preamps. I don't mind the preamps in either of the 2
Behringer mixers I have, but don't push them too hard or they get noisy.
I also have a Behringer T1953 that I am not fond of at all - it seems
rather bright and hissy to me.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@email-addr-hidden