Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency USB 1.1 card?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 12 2005 - 19:10:02 EEST

Hi ce,

On Sunday 12 June 2005 12:54, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> my terratec card provides very high latencies (more than
> 40msecs), so I wonder if there are cards out there which are
> USB 2.0 compliant but can be used on my USB 1.1 machine
> (until I get a new one) at low latencies.
> Anyone can tell about such a card? I do not need MIDI ports,
> but full duplex 2 in 2 out with a mic in and a headphone out
> would be great. More ins and outs are welcome.
> Because I'm a hobbyist, the cheaper the better ;-) .

I am using a tascam us122. Its usb1.1, has two ins and two outs, phantom power
for the XLR-inputs. It isn't really the cheapest (~200¤) but worth its price.
I run it successfully with latencies <10ms, even without special parameters
for the driver.

You can see it in action at LinuxTag ;-)

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be