Re: [linux-audio-user] effects processor setup

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 00:29:43 EEST

> Most times, at least live, you plug the bass right into the
> mixer, no need (from the technicians view) for an amp. So,
> yes, creox can be used for bass.

Thanks for the info. I really love the abilities and the sound
of fretless basses like heard on many jazz albums. The main
advantage is that you're not limited to chromatic tunes.

I cannot actually play it, but I guess one day I'll buy one
2nd hand.

> But I think its more aimed at guitars, you don't
> really need distortion on a bass, me thinks...

It always a joy to make experiments :) . I remember that I
used a sampled fretless sound from a Roland U-20 years ago
and put it into a RAT. It was one of the warmest lead sounds
I ever got from a keyboard.

Best regards

    ce