[linux-audio-user] hardware recommendations?

From: ainion <ainion@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 06:26:39 EEST

Hello there. I would like to know which AMD mainboard and which sound
card is recommended for a small home recording outfit? Basic recording
projects will be vocals, guitar and keyboard. Although RME Hammerfall
and M-Audio Delta are ideal, the budget can't reach that level. I'm
looking at sound cards between high-end pro-audio at the top and
consumer grade at the bottom, somewhere half-way. I'm not a purist and
at the same time 2 channel inputs and 2 channel outputs are limiting
creativity. Four I/O will be comfortable and 8 I/O will be excellent but
not necessary.

Hard disk drives and controllers. My last experience with SATA was
unpleasant. Our local supplier is pushing mainboards with SATA support
as an alternative to SCSI. Issues were mostly at the controller side and
I never resolved them. Will SATA be any good?

Thank you in advance.

ainion