[linux-audio-user] Count-in in Ardour

From: Peder Hedlund <peder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 11:58:06 EEST

A nice feature in most (all?) sequencers that I really miss in Ardour is
the count-in. Sure I can start my recordings at bar #2 and have the first
one as count-in but then I have to remember to make an empty pattern in
Hydrogen and/or drag tracks backwards/forwards in time or remember that
"no bar #7 isn't the start of the secod verse, it's bar #8".

Perhaps a bar #0 that does record (in case I'm a bit early on "one") but
doesn't send any jack transport info and can be hidden once I've recorded
everything that needs to start on the first beat.

Or should I be doing things differently?

 - Peder