Re: [linux-audio-user] What parts of Linux audio simply suck ?

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 01:15:55 EEST

> Btw, I recently discovered kasound, a configuration utility
> for creating a custom .asoundrc file. It's here:
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/kasound/

Cool. But instead of a complete GUI solution, I'd prefer to
have a shell backend which then could be adopted by different
frontends.

I once wanted to create a replacement for alsaconf called
audioconf, but I failed due to my miserable knowledges :) .

> Alas, it's KDE-dependent and I'm out of date with current
> KDE. However, it does address another one of my Linux audio
> botherations: A lack of GUI-based ALSA configuration
> utilities.
>
> I'm glad Clemens Ladisch is here to help, but it would be
> sweet to have a utility for writing a custom modules.conf
> too.

Configuration tools can free the shoulders of Clemens, Takashi
et al., so any work on them is much appreciated.

Best regards

    ce