Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems with a quite complicated audio system

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 14:04:04 EEST

"Michele Spinolo" <michele.spinolo@email-addr-hidden>:

> the clock signal is generated internally by RME ADI-8 Pro (48Khz),
> which is connected by word clock BNC cable to RME HDSP9652, which is
> setted in slave mode.
> Z-sys z-8.8s does not have an internal clock, so this is provided
> through its input 1 by ADI-8 Pro ADAT output; the Z-sys unit is also

I wonder if the Z-sys is wordclock aware even. Is it?
http://www.z-sys.com/pp_routing.html#z8 says

"Also, the unit is fully asynchronous which allows it to handle multiple
sample rates at the same time."

Makes me think that your setup won't work because the 3 spdif pairs'
timing gets screwed the moment it enters the Z-sys. Hm, but I might
just as well have misunderstood your signalflow.

Wolfgang