Re: [linux-audio-user] Realtime kernels, and Debian

From: Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezmeyer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 17:05:11 EEST

El mar, 21-06-2005 a las 19:46, Fabricio Rocha escribió:
[snip]
> Well, event if that´s true, it still means (even more)
> complication for having realtime, and I still think this is not exactly
> the usability expected by a normal multimedia user who would like to
> move to GNU-Linux. I hope that all the big distros adopt realtime
> capabilities as a default in their kernels, so the music apps should
> simply invoke something like "modprobe realtime", and "voilá", you´ve
> got a realtime system for your music.

Yes, we are all hoping that. And also making an effort to acomplish it.

> By the way, as there is a topic about Debian/DeMuDi/Ubuntu, I run
> Kurumin Linux, a installable-live-CD Brazilian distro based in
> Knoppix/Debian. I have installed the 2.6.11 kernel and lots of apps from
> testing and unstable Debian. I use it for all my daily computing needs,
> never had a serious bug, and it has been working fine for music. Would
> there be really any advantage in using DeMuDi?

Only that DeMuDi is already prepared for making music, without the
hazzle that you just described. Of course, you can apt-get DeMuDi
packages to Kurumin, and it will work too (but it is not as easy as
intalling DeMuDi, of course)

> Thanks and regards!

You Welcome!

> Fabricio Rocha
> Brasilia, Brasil

Let me put it your way:

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
Bahía Blanca, Argentina

:-)

Cheers!

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. -- Groucho Marx