Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: What parts of Linux audio [need improvement]

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 10:33:06 EEST

On 21 June 2005 at 0:22, Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de> wrote:

> > 2.  Audacity is my editor of choice, but it's not happy
> > with JACK.
>
> it uses portaudio, a cross platform portability layer / audio
> abstraction layer.

Is there a way to get PortAudio to interoperate with JACK?

> Aren't there any Thac packages anymore for Mandrive? If so,
> when did Thac drop the support for Mandriva? It's important,
> because I planned to mention the Thac packages in my talk on
> Thursday.

I heard on alt.os.linux.mandrake that Thac is done packaging stuff
for Mandrake/Mandriva. I didn't see the original posting, nor do I
know the whole story, or even much of the story. All I know is that
I really appreciate the work he did. It made my life easier by a
bunch.

--
Kevin