Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Drum notation

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 02:07:12 EEST

On 28 June 2005 at 23:42, Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com> wrote:

> I fear I'm about to lose [your attention] again! --

Sorry, still got my attention. You'll have to try harder. ;-)

> All you can do at the moment is select one or more notes and
> then select Adjust -> Note Style -> and choose a note shape.
> The shapes are not built-in -- they're defined in XML files in
> the styles directory, documented in the Rosegarden Handbook
> under Customising Rosegarden. You can define styles using any
> available font element or pixmap.

OK. That hasn't scared me off yet. After all, I did mess around
and created an instrument map for the Alesis QS8.

> Setting a default shape for each pitch in a drum map would
> be an excellent addition to our ongoing drum map work at the
> moment, though. I should give that some thought.

That sounds like something a mere user, i.e. non-programmer (OK,
so I can write perl), can do. I've got 3 gigs next week and
a studio session coming up, so I'm sticking a reminder on my
calendar for a couple weeks out to see if/how I might help out on
this. I'll dig through my Modern Drummer mag's and some books I've
got to see if I can find the official (PAS) standardized drum
notation.

Thanks again...

--
Kevin