Re: [linux-audio-user] streaming web audio problems

From: e. j. branagan - the MUSE <laug@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 03:56:44 EEST

anahata wrote:

>The site seems to attempt to use both the <OBJECT> and <EMBED> tag to get
>streaming audio for the playlist. It's important for legal
>copyright-related reasons that the music should play without the user
>being able to download or rewind it - i.e. purely in the background.

They are fighting an impossible to win battle. I have 3 machines here,
with a total of 6 soundcards, all different (though 2 are CMI8738's, one
in a PCI slot, one built-in to the motherboard). All 6 cards are
perfectly capable of capturing the PCM output, and hence recording
anything streamed from the net.

--
e. j. branagan
the MUSE § Nashville, TN