[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: Mellotron sounds

From: James Stone <jmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 00:17:14 EEST

>> I'd be happy to sample the full lengths of all 35 notes for all six
>> sounds, storing them as wavs. I don't have a lot of spare time these
>> days, so I'll let someone else have the pleasure of cropping/editing!
>

> I'd be willing do it. I did the one called "mellotronia" that was floating
> around. I never quite finished it, but the source had limited potential

As I said before, I would also be happy to give it a go. I have made a few
soundfonts for personal use, but I am not that experienced. If there is a
soundfont expert available, it would probably come out better if they did
it! However, I would be happy to share the load with the soundfont
generation, as I know they can be quite time consuming.

It would be really great to get some proper (non stretched) soundfonts for
the mellotron!

James