Re: [linux-audio-user] Mouse speed configuration & realtime restart issue

From: pirrone <pirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 23:34:16 EEST

Jerome Tuncer wrote:

> I know this is not really the place to ask for it but I don't think
> it's worth subscribing to a new list just for this simple question.
>
> I run fluxbox on an Asus L2000D laptop. Everything is fine except that
> I can't set my mouse speed!!
>
> I searched the holy google but nothing turned up or the solutions
> didn't work ("xset m X Y" seems to only configure my touchpad and
> "Option Resolution x" in XF86Config-4 doesn't do anything).
>
> Anyone knows how to do that?
>
> Apart from that everything's fine except that I have to do "sudo
> /etc/init.d/realtime restart" everytime I want to run jack as normal
> user. It doesn't seem to read quite well the /etc/default/realtime
> when starting because this is already set to grant realtime default to
> all users in audio group.
>
> I run debian unstable, kernel 2.6.8.

Jerome,

I use: xset mouse 4 5 in a custom fluxboxinitrc file, and it makes a
great difference in the response of my USB mouse, but that's not what
you're asking. Is it possible to disable the touch pad, perhaps in the
BIOS, and have just the external mouse detected? If you're using a PS-2
mouse can you borrow a USB model and try that? How about a serial mouse?

Good luck!

Frank