Re: [linux-audio-user] simple usb audio question?

From: <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 10:31:04 EEST

> This is probably a very basic question, because all
> references to usb
> audio seem to relate to quality, rather that getting the
> device working,
> but I'm new to linux. Currently I can't capture from or
> play to my
> Edirol UA-25. I assume it is in conflict with the
> onboard soundcard

No.

> which is an nForce3, but don't know which modules to
> remove, etc. I

Simply load the module snd-usb-audio by entering the following
command:

modprobe snd-usb-audio

Use xmms, go to the options page, choose the ALSA driver and enter
hw:1 or hw:2 as device. Then restart xmms and play an ogg or MP3
file.

For MIDI use qjackctl to connect the MIDI ports to any softsynth
you like.

Best regards

ce